Working for Local Dialogue
Local Dialogue offers an exciting and challenging environment in which to progress. If you feel you have the credentials to become part of this growing sector of the communications industry, send your CV to us at Local Dialogue.
Location – London
Salary – Competitive and based on experience
Local Dialogue is a leading public affairs/communications consultancy working with clients in both the public and private sectors, predominantly on planning and regeneration projects.
We’re growing fast and we want the best in the industry to join us and to share in our success. We have vacancies for an Account Executive and Account Manager to join our expanding London office.
These positions would suit those within the industry that have gained experience and are looking to take the next step in their careers. Candidates with a background in or understanding of planning, regeneration and politics are preferred.
Account Executive duties would include:
- Researching local and national politics for individual projects
- Researching site planning histories
- Helping to organise, publicise and staff public events
- Supporting the team by managing databases and correspondence
- Monitoring of national, regional, local, online and trade media, as well as political news sources
- General support on active projects
- Contributing to new business development
Account Manager duties would also include:
- Managing and developing client and stakeholder relationships
- Managing project delivery, ensuring Local Dialogue adds value
- Driving new business development, identifying opportunities and preparing pitches and proposal documents
- Preparing materials in advance of consultation and engagement events
- A strong interest in politics, current affairs, local government, planning, regeneration and/or development
- Very strong written and oral communication skills – you must have excellent written English with close attention to detail
- The ability to work efficiently and to tight deadlines
- Computer literacy and familiarity with internet-based research; you should be proficient with Microsoft Office and happy to work on a Mac
- Someone with a can-do attitude, ready to roll their sleeves up and contribute to all areas of the business
The hours are Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 17:30 with one hour for lunch.
Local Dialogue is an equal opportunities employer. Our office is based a few minutes’ walk from Vauxhall tube/railway station.
Closing Date: 25 August 2017
We are looking to appoint as soon as possible and if the right candidate is found, the position may be filled ahead of the closing date.
If you are interested in applying for this position in our London office, please send a covering letter (no more than 150 words) and CV to email@example.com.
For additional information, call Mike Denness on 07818 519 131.